Botox In Dentistry
Dentists, as healthcare providers, have a unique opportunity to help patients in a wide range of areas. Relieving pain, promoting health, and cosmetic changes are the primary focus of the dental team. Botox is just one tool in the dentists toolbox in helping patients become healthy, beautiful, and pain free.
What is Botox?
Botox is a purified protein of botulinum toxin that is injected into the facial muscles. This stops the contraction of the muscles by blocking the motor nerves. The sensory nerves are not effected so there is no loss of feeling in the muscles. Ten days after treatment the skin over the muscles begin to smooth out, eliminating wrinkles. Muscle spasms and contractions, causing pain, is halted. Botox treatment lasts three to four months.
– Reducing fine lines and wrinkles of the face.
– Complement cosmetic dentistry cases.
– Alternative to surgical procedures for a high lip line.
– Lip augmentation.
– Treatment for chronic TMJ disease and jaw pain.
– Treatment for excessive grinding and clenching of the teeth. (Bruxism.)
– Treatment of facial pain and migraine headaches.
– Assisting patients in adjusting to new dentures.
– Assisting in orthodontic treatment as needed.
The doctors at Surprise Dental and Denture can help you with all your Botox needs